Sunday, June 22, 2008

weekend fun

This has been a very fun weekend for me. I was able to go to the annual Wilkey family reunion/camping trip. I was so excited. I haven't been able to attend the last few years and have missed out. But, this weekend I pulled some strings and made it work. Every year the Wilkey family gets together and camps for three days and two nights up at Payson Lakes. For those of you who haven't been there, I highly recommend it, even if it is only for a day trip. The area is beautiful. I have decided that I need to go camping more often. I really enjoy it.
Saturday morning my mom and I headed up to Logan with Ryan and Jenna to help them move. We stopped at Amber and Daves to shower. They gave us fresh peas and some roses that smell wonderful. Thanks guys!!!
The trip to Logan should have taken 2 hours at the very most but there was a really bad accident so, trying to avoid it, the trip ended up taking 4 hours. I almost thought I was going to die! It also killed our gas mileage. We were at a stand still for long periods of time. Not fun!
We finally got to Logan at about 3 in the afternoon. We spent about 4 or 5 hours helping Ryan and Jenna move their stuff to their new place, and then we headed back to Vernal. Sorry I didn't visit anyone while I was up there but I had to be back in Vernal by 6 this morning and I really didn't want to be driving at three or four in the morning . We did end up stopping at the Pita Pit for lunch/dinner though. I statisfied a three month craving. :-) Maybe someday Vernal will branch out and get some more restaurants.

1 comment:

Mike & Aubrey Janowicz said...

yeah, I would be happy if they got a pita pit here!