For those of you who don't know, I have been sick for the last week or so. Work has also been kind of slow. But I was on call on Saturday and it was a day from ____! (I'll leave the blank to your imaginations. I'm trying to keep this G rated.) Anyway, my boss gave me today off to recover. I am feeling a little bit better and was asked to go help clean the church this morning. So, even though I had the day off I still had to get up early. Well, I don't go back to bed very well once I'm up so I had to find things to occupy myself. One of my friends told me yesterday that she was unemployed because she quit her job before finding a new one. So, I decided to make her an unemployment package. The picture is of everything in the package and the rest of this is what I wrote to go along with it! Aubrey helped me and we had a lot of fun! (well, I had fun, Aubrey probably thinks I'm crazy!)
Unemployment Packages, Inc.
Our story: The idea for this came to me when I found out a friend of mine quit her unsatisfying job without a backup plan. While discussing these unfortunate circumstances, she mentioned that she should have found a new job before leaving. I felt for her, being unemployed three seperate times in the year and a half previous to this conversation. While thinking about her situation, I realized that although some people think that you can look for a job every second of every day that you are unemployed, I know that if you do that you will go crazy. So, for the sake of her sanity I decided to develop an unemployment package to provide some variety to the mundane drudgery of job hunting.
Unemployment Package contents and instructions:
-Food to keep from starving.
-Coloring book and crayons to relax your mind, and sudoko pussles to stimulate it.
-Coupon to sit on Amy's hammock whenever you want, (this coupon is unlimited and does not expire) because sometimes it is nice to get away.
-A cute boys phone # because now you have a lot of time to spend with him.
-A door hanger to let people know that you don't want to be bugged because you are busy updating your resume (or something).
-A book of things to do in your community especially now that you have time to do them.
-Princess discs to play frizbee with your dog.
-Water balloons to cool down with when you just need to get out.
-"I'm special" ribbon to remember that no matter what future employers think, you are special!
(You can click on the picture to get a more detailed view.)
6 comments:
yeah for pics! that was fun putting that package together! and the truth is, i think we are both crazy...
haha you're going to laugh when you read these because i am sitting right next to you... :)
You make me laugh Aubrey!!
just to keep the laugh going..it's me again! :) isn't it so exciting to get comments!
You two inspire me! I have been looking for a job for a month! It stinks and thanks for letting me know it's okay to not be looking for a job every second, it really would drive me crazy! Actually hopefully by the end of the week I will have one, wish me luck! Aubrey, thanks for showing Amy how to do pictures, it is so fun to see them! Also, comments are the best! Thanks for leaving them on my blog too!
Amy, you are such a cute friend! I bet your friend just loved receiving her package!
Post a Comment