So, this weekend I had an endoscopy conference for work. It was in Layton and started at 7:00 a.m. So the endo nurse and I drove out Friday night and stayed in the Hilton Garden Inn that was connected to the conference center. It was fancy. The beds were probably the most comfortable beds that I have ever slept in. It was a little piece of heaven on earth.Anyway, we got up and went to the conference. About two hours into it they had a 45 minute break in which time we could go and talk to some of the vendors that we deal with regularly and also some that we never deal with. I think I got about nine free pens, a water bottle, a mouse pad, lotion, soap, cleaning wipes, and a bean bag stomach. It is quite funny and I wont run out of pens for a while. :-)
After our break we went back for another two hours of lectures before lunch. Lunch was wonderful! While we were eating one of the reps came around with a camera. He was doing a drawing for it after lunch. We hadn't signed up for it before because we didn't know about it. So, after eating we went over to his booth and signed up. Then we went back to the lecture room where they did the drawing. He pulled the paper out and every one around me kept saying, "well, that one isn't mine because I didn't fold my paper like that." I thought, "That probably isn't mine because I never win anything, but I did fold my paper like that." Well, he read the name and guess what?! It was mine!!!! YAY ME!!!! I won a camera. This picture is of the actual camera that I won. And it is blue. How much better does it get then that? So, now I can stop borrowing my parents camera every time I need/want to take pictures. Lets just say that I was shocked beyond measure but very excited. Because if you will note on a previous post, a digital camera was on my list of wishes! See, dreams do sometimes come true, now for those other items....
In addition to the camera the conference was really good. I learned a lot of cool things, a lot that we don't deal with in our hospital, but a lot of good information.
7 comments:
that's pretty sweet. Jenna just keeps our camera in her purse, but we seriously need to get all of the pictures on the computer and empty the card.
That is so awesome!!! I never win stuff like that either!! well except for once and it was for a lame conference thing that is sometime next year.....I don't even know what it is about!!! Oh well! Your conference sounded like it was pretty good! I went out for a Continuing Education a couple of years ago and it definitely wasn't that fabulous! I think our lunch had at one point been frozen and when it got out to us it was pretty crusty! yuck!
That is so exciting! Congrats! I never win either so I am so excited for you! Especially since you did want one! So we can now look forward to more pictures on your post...hint...hint. Sorry it didn't work out to play this weekend that would have been fun.
Sweeeeet!!!
Congrats on the win, now i expect cool photos to appear on your blog! It'll be fun to see you Saturday for the big explosion!
I am so happy for you! I love my digital camera! So yeah, we had better start seeing more pictures! :)
that's awesome Amy!!! what a cool prize!
Post a Comment