Friday, April 18, 2008

I haven't posted for a while so I decided to write some. Ok, the truth is that I have been doing homework for the last three days straight and my brain hurts so I decided to rest it. So, if this doesn't make a lot of sense or if my spelling and grammer are awful, remember, my brain hurts!
I've decided to do a couple of things.
1- I am going to share some things that I am greatful for.
The first thing that I am greatful for is that I get to continually learn new things. There is so much knowledge in the world, so many amazing new things to learn, and so many opportunties to learn them that I am greatful to have to chance to be there for it.
The second thing that I am greatful for is that I only have two more weeks of school for the semester. With all that there is to learn, sometimes I like not having to have structured learning. I am counting down the days until this school year is over.
2- One of the class that I am taking this semester is stress management. (Funny thing about this class, it is my most stressful class in a very long time.) The text book has a variety of ways to reduce your stress. It also discusses why we are the way we are and why we get stressed while giving different therapy options. One of the therapies that it discusses is Humor Therapy. As I was reading this chapter I thought to myself, "Self, this is great! I always feel better after a good laugh." So, I decided to try it out. I don't know how religious I am going to be about this but I am going to try to post jokes and humorous things on my blog to help provide therapy to everyone that feels inclined to read it.
So, here is the joke of the moment. I got it from my text book, Managing Stress, fifth edition, Brian Luke Seaward.
Famed fictional detective Sherlock Holmes and his gruff assistant Dr. Watson pitch their tent while on a camping trip. In the middle of the night, Holmes nudges Watson to wake him up.
Holmes: Watson, look up at the stars and tell me what you deduce.
Watson: I see millions of stars. And if there are millions of stars, even if a few of those have planets, it is quite likely there are some planets like earth. And if there are a few planets like earth, then indeed, there might be intelligent life, much like our own, Sir.
Holmes: Watson, you idiot, someone stole the tent!

No comments: