Monday, March 10, 2008

What are men to rocks and hills? (or a good pair of shoes?)

So, I know that every one is very curious about my resigning from the VL club. Let me just say that we had a lot of fun but he wasn't ready for a serious relationship and so we broke up but we're still "friends". Whatever that means. I really liked the guy and have never been able to talk to some one so easily. But I wasn't in love with him so I thought that this would be easier then it has been. However, I never expected to experience this many emotions. I has been a very different situation for me. I am finally starting to understand how other people have felt after breaking up with someone. Let me just tell you, I don't like it. I now know why I am still single. It is easier and it hurts less. Sure, being with someone is more fun but I like being single. I don't act like a dumb girl nearly as bad when I am single. I don't want to stay this way forever, but I think I am finally begining to understand why I have done the single thing for so long.
Anyway, I decided the day before we broke up that I wanted to go to Salt Lake and buy myself a pair of running shoes in an effort to become more fit. Also, it was my birthday on Thursday and as a birthday present to myself, (another perk of being single, but I'll probably do it even when I'm not), I decided that I would buy a good pair of shoes to start running in. I'll let you know how the running thing goes. So, this last Saturday my mom and I went to Salt Lake and went shopping. We stopped in at the Salt Lake Running Company up in Sugar House on our way to visit people. I was refered there by an avid runner friend and have decided that I will most likely visit there again. I found a pair of shoes that I really like. I am excited to start running. While we were there we noticed the shoes that the sales lady had on. They weren't running shoes but they were so cute. Come to find out, she had bought them there. She said they were so comfortable. Well, I have been looking for a good comfortable pair of shoes for work because I am on my feet all day. So, we had her bring some out for us to try on. I loved them. She had a red pair on but I don't have a lot of things that red would go with so I decided to get the brown pair. My mom also got a pair.
I ended up spending a lot more money then I planned. These are the most expensive pair of shoes that I have ever bought. Not to mention the running shoes I bought. But, I have decided that all those people I know that go shopping after a break up really know what they are doing. It is good therapy. Guys will come and go and a lot of them will let you down. But a good pair of shoes, now that is priceless. So I would like to thank all of you out there that have been influential in your examples of a good shopping trip to provide therapy. I finally understand. Thank you for being patient while I was learning. :-) Some times you just need to spend money on yourself. I recommend it.

6 comments:

Ponczoch Family said...

Sorry for the pain you're going through, but I'm glad you found some shoes you like- & 2 is always better than 1!

Brooke Bennett said...

Shopping is definately good therapy!!! Sorry about all you're going through.

Sara Ann said...

Sniff Sniff, I am SO proud of you! FYI for those of us who live in small towns I also recommend online retail therapy, Zappos.com has free overnight shipping and free returns, almost as good as going to the store!
I want to see pictures of the shoes!

Geier's said...

Good for you! Life is two short to seetle for the wrong thing. Who you are is just as good by it's self.

Peter and Julia said...

I'm glad you got some good shoes! It's a bummer about the boy, but shoes are soooo much better anway! it was good talking to you the other day... let me know how the running thing goes. I ahve started it back up again as well. What kind of shoes were the really expensive ones?

the ginabean said...

Ya know what? I always hated to shop...but sometimes I just get the itch. I also used to be REALLY under control in the shoe department for a girl. BUT...lately (in the past year or so) I really love shoes! I've purchased a handful (NOT a closetful, don't worry). And really, half of them serve a purpose more than to make my feet feel cute...like the hiking shoes and such. I'm glad you found 2 pairs of shoes though! I also find shoe shopping therapeutic!