Monday, March 24, 2008

I'm a slacker

Ok, so I have been tagged multiple times and I haven't done anything about it. Well, today I am feeling a little bit guilty. So, in an effort to appease my conscious I decided to respond to some of those tags. I don't remember what they all were and I'm probably not going to follow all of the rules. Most of them say I have to tag people but a lot of the people who read my blog have already been tagged. If you read this and haven't been tagged then I am tagging you. :-).

The first one is to grab the book nearest to you and go to page 123 then look at the fifth sentance and type the next three sentances. I'm just warning you, the only thing that I read right now is text books and the scriptures. So, the book closest to me....

Because of athe complexity of anxiety, several types of therapy exist to help people overcome specific fears and phobias. Although no therapy holds dominance over another, what they all have in common is the premise that the fear must be confronted at some level. Using a pure psychoanalytical approach (Freud's approach), attention is focused on uncovering childhood experiences (e.g. child molestation) that have been suppressed or repressed in the unconscious mind and are thought to be the cause of the anxiety.

That comes from the fifth edition of Managing Stress, Principles and Strategies for Health and Well-Being by Brian Luke Seaward.

So, although it isn't as exciting as some of the three sentences that I have read from your blogs, it is educational. :-)

The next one is to write 7 random facts about yourself.

1- I shouldn't drive. I get so upset at people who are bad and/or slow drivers that I shouldn't drive. I'm not nearly so bad when I am a passenger.

2- I hate being the passenger. I like to be the one driving, especially if we are going long distances. I get really bored as a passenger. Plus, I know a lot of really scary drivers. I would much rather have their life in my hands then my life in theirs.

3- I snore. Not all the time, just when I am sleeping in weird possitions. I discovered this a couple of months ago. I was snowmobiling with my dad, Uncle Walt, and Derek. I had just started my new job and was exhausted. Plus there was a lot of powder and no base and the machine I was on wasn't the best, Dad, Uncle Walt, and Derek had those. So, I wore out fast. So, I stopped and took a nap on my sled while the boys played. I woke myself up three times from snoring. Not cool. But I haven't done it since. ;-)

4- I love spring! I love everything about it. I love that it is warm enough to wear just a sweatshirt but not so warm that your dripping just walking outside. I love that it starts to get light by the time I leave my house in the morning. I love that it is light when I get off at night. I love the green and all the flowers. I love the rain storms. I love spring. It makes me happy.

5- I'm an awful person to watch movies with. I cry, I comment, I ask questions, I scream. I have a really hard time just sitting and watching the movie. Sometimes it isn't bad but other times I've had people threaten to not watch movies with me anymore. It is sad. The worst part is that I don't realize that I am doing it until after I have done it. I just get really into movies. Funny story, I went and saw Spiderwick with some of the girls that I work with. It can be kind of an intense movie. One part of the movie had me kind of scared. I knew something was coming. (One thing that everyone should know about me before I continue, I don't do scary movies. I will have nightmares for months if I watch them. But this was a kids movie and not that scary.) Anyway, something did come and I wasn't as ready for it as I thought I was. I screamed. Loud. In the middle of the theatre. Everyone I was with laughed at me. It was kind of embarassing.

6- I love Cadbury mini eggs. They are my absolute favorite. I buy 3-4 bags of them every easter. It may not seem like a lot but if it is. If I bought any more I would weigh 500 pounds. You would have to roll me to the store to buy more. One year, it might have been last year I don't remember, I found a 7 pound bad at Sam's Club. I was so excited. But because it was so big, that is the only bag of them I would let myself buy that year. Sad. I probably bought more then I should have this year.

7- I have the attention span of a 2 year old at church. I know this because I have a neice and a nephew who are two and my attention runs out about the same time that theirs does. So, I bring things to entertain myself. I write notes to people sitting next to me. I bring candy to munch on. And if the meeting goes over, I want to lay on the floor and kick and scream because things aren't going my way. It is really bad. The problem is that it seems to be getting worse as I get older. Sometimes I wonder if I have Adult ADD. Hmm.... So, if I ever go to church with you, I'll try to act like an adult but I am warning you in advance.

There you are. My conscious is appeased. I will try to be better in the future but am not promising a whole lot. But feel free to keep tagging me. This was fun. Sorry it is so long.

2 comments:

Peter and Julia said...

I would love to watch you lay on the floor and kick and scream when the meeting goes over! And I do miss watching movies with you! Honestly, you were such a great roomie:( So sad you're far away!

Ponczoch Family said...

I want to go to church with you and eat candy and get notes! And as far as driving, I'm with you big time.