About a month ago I went up to Red Canyon Lodge two weekends in a row. I went up with some friends for dinner to get out of town. Then, the next weekend I went and spent the night with some of the ladies I work with. It is so pretty up there. Here are some of those pictures.
These are from dinner with my friends.
What a view!!
This was the view from the cabin that we stayed in.
So, that is about what I have been up to the last little while. Now, for a more recent update.
You know how you sometimes you hear of people doing something and you think to yourself, there is no way I will ever do that. Yeah, I think that about quite a few things. But, I am learning not to say never, because as this next tale will show, even I tend to do things that I never thought I would.
So, here is the tale. This weekend I went to Moab with some friends. We had a great time. We went hiking in Arches and Canyonlands.
We went down on Friday and hiked to this arch. It was a beautiful day. I thought that I was going to die on the way up but the hike was worth the view. It was awesome. We also went to hole in the rock. That was a neat place but I decided that you would really have to love someone to live in a cave like that.
Saturday it was cold. It rained and on the way to the Canyonlands we ran into hail. It did warm up as the day went on.
We had a lot of fun. But that wasn't what we went down there for. This is what we really did.
I know that they are saying James at the first but this is really me. James jumped after me. It was a party. I never thought that I would do it but there you are. Never say never because you never know what you will do. I do have to say that it was awesome. I would probably do it again. Here are some pictures of the event.
Practicing arching back for the jump.
Pumping myself up for the jump.
Everyone harnessed and ready to go!!!
Yes, that is where I sat for the entire plane ride and no, there was no door on the plane. What an incredible view it was!!!
It was quite an exciting weekend. It almost doesn't seem real but I have pictures to prove it. What a rush.
9 comments:
How fun! I've always wanted to go sky diving!!! So glad you got to go!
No way! Good for you for being so daring. I can't believe where you were sitting in the plane and there was no door... did it feel like you would just fall out? Crazy!
It was a little freaky to have no door when we took off, but once we were in the air, I had the best view. It was beautiful. Then I got freaked out again when it was time to jump. The other guy that was jumping with me said I was as stiff as a board when I put my feet over the edge. But it was fun.
Wow! I didn't know you were doing that! Very brave! I guess it's good I didn't call because you were busy...Fun!
HOLY CRAP!!! You are one brave girl!!
You're crazy! That's something I just don't want to do. Sounds like you had fun though!!!
Oh my word! What an incredible place to go skydiving! You are so brave! You look so cute in the Moab picture, I love your braids:)
OH MY CRAP!! way to go! I'm glad that you did all those fun things. i kind of freaked out when I saw the parachute but since you blogged about it that means you're okay! Go Amy!
Wow! That looks incredible!
Post a Comment