This evening I went up the canyon for a friends reception and on the way back down I had an interesting and somewhat freaky experience. The air conditioning in my car is not working right now so I drive around everywhere with my window rolled down. While driving down the canyon today I heard a bug hit my car and then I felt the splatter from it. (Yuck!) I was really grossed out. Then I looked down to see if it had splattered on my white sweater. Luckily it hadn't but I did notice that the bug, a bee, had landed on my lap. It was still alive but it was missing a wing and you could see where it's guts were coming out. I was still about a mile from home so I paid very close attention to it so that it didn't sting me and finished my drive home. As soon as I arrived home I opened my door and swept it out. It was kind of shocking to me. So, the moral of the story? If your ac doesn't work, get it fixed!
6 comments:
Thank you for the wisdom! Mine is on the brinks of dying, well at least you can only use the two highest settings. Yet, driving without AC does save on gas. hmmm, which is worse...
Yuck. I'm not a big fan of bug guts...I'm so happy that none of it got on you or your clothes!
That is GROSS!!! It was fun to talk to you for a minute yesterday!
ewwww yucky. I'll be sure to tell my friends to get their ac fixed. It probably cause Vernal has fresh country air. lol.
Amy!!! That is so freaky! It makes me have flash backs to the days of when we lived in forest gate and had to fight the bees and wasps to get into/out of our cars! So glad you are doing well. Can't wait to see you in Nov.
Ick. Poor thing...Both of you!
Post a Comment