Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Pumpkin Blow 2008

Once upon a time, I lived in Logan. It was a happy time for me. While living there I had a roommate named Jessie. She was from a small town in Idaho. The first weekend in November she invited me up to her parents house for what she called the Pumpkin Blow. I had to work or something and so regretfully I told her I couldn't go. Time passed and she met Mike. They got married. Happy for them, sad for me. But other good things were coming for when she moved out, her sister Emily moved in. Once again November rolled around and I was invited up to their parents house for the Pumpkin Blow. Once again I had other commitments and couldn't go. Another sad day for me. Finally another November came around and I was able to go to the Pumpkin Blow. Let me just say that except for the fact that I got really sick latter that day, it was awesome. The redneck part of me really connected with this. Then Emily met Mark and they go married. Another happy for them, sad for me.
Let's forward ahead another year, I was no longer living in Logan, in fact, I had just moved back home to Vernal. November rolled around as did the annual Pumpkin Blow. But due to circumstances I was once again unable to go. So sad :-(.
So, let's forward one more year to November of 2008. This year I cleared my schedule and made the 4 1/2 hour trip to this small town in Idaho to attend the pumpkin blow. My Redneck self rejoiced. It was so fun to see friends that I haven't seen in a while and enjoy the peace and serenity of this small farm and loving family. Thanks for letting me in on this experience!

Here is my view of the pumpkin blow. Sorry that it is so shaky, I was trying to hold my friends cute little boy at the same time. :-) But, I hope that everyone who watches this will have a little bit of the redneck in them come out. Enjoy!



This has become something that a lot of the community comes to and everyone brings their Halloween Jack-O-Lanterns to add to the pile. After it was over, there wasn't a single pumpkin left and only small pieces of the little house on top. Good times were had by all but the little baby in front of me who didn't like having his ears plugged. ;-)

5 comments:

Amanda said...

I guess that's a good way to dispose of your pumpkins!

Cubsey said...

hey Amy that was awesome how are you doing Its been forever well i love your blog and i hope you have happy holidays.

Joel said...

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee haw!!!!

Unknown said...

that was so drn cool! I's gotta git me up ther next time!

The Real Life of Mark and Em said...

so glad you came!!