Sorry that I haven't posted more. I have been trying to add some pictures from last Saturday. But I am having some problems finding them. I can find them when I am not trying to add them but as soon as I try to add them, I can't find them. Lets just say that I have been pulling my hair out in frustration!!! Arghhhh!!!
Anyway, we had a branch sledding activity. It was a lot of fun but I have been a little bit sore for the past couple of days. I ended up going down in the tube double a few times and we crashed most of them. I always seemed to be the one that ended up on the bottom of the crashed pile too. As a result, I have been feeling every little hurt. It was funny at church on Sunday because we were all asking each other if they were as sore as we were. Although I had some good crashes, there were some people there who had a lot more then me. The fact that any of us are still here is amazing.
One girl was going down on a tube that was a lot faster then any of the other ones. Everyone who went on it caught some good air (except for me because it ran into a bush and we crashed :-(.) Anyway, at the bottom of the hill was a road that had kindof been plowed but still had snow on it. It wasn't in use yet though because it is a dead end road and there were no houses there yet. But because it had been plowed there were drifts on both sides. When you went down the hill you would hit the drift and if you were going fast enough you would catch some air and land either on the road or on the drift on the other side. Anyway, back to this girl. She was going pretty fast on this tube and caught some good air. She landed right at the base of the drift on the other side of the road. As she hit, her foot caught on the drift and it popped her right up. She just walked right off. It was the coolest thing. We gave her the prize for the best dismount. So although there were some good crashes, there were some good not crashes.
As soon as I can get my pictures figured out I'll post them and you can see. I don't have any of me crashing though. :-)
2 comments:
Sounds fun! I can't remember the last time I've been tubing. Looking forward to the pictures!
I am glad you have a blog! I think it is a great way to keep tabs on people:) You are brave, I was always too much of a chicken to tube. I did tell Neil I was making him go sledding on old main hill with me though (he has never been!) he is a little nervous, I won't let him read your blog!
Post a Comment